[Coco] 230.4 kbps wireless NitrOS-9

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 11 00:24:09 EDT 2009

Guys, I just put a 3.6864 mhz crystal in a bluetooth pak and booted
right into NitrOS-9 over the air as I've been doing, only now it's
running at 230400 bps!

Ofcourse, there's a Rockwell 6551AP in the socket, so I expected it
to cooperate.  I'll have to post some results on how the AMI 6551AP
behaves @ CoCo 2mhz & 6551 double crystal.

I know *I* have a use for using OS-9 this way, but I'm interested in
knowing who else thinks it's cool.  I mean, this is the same thing
that's DriveWire is doing but there's no cable AND it's @ 230.4 kbps.

I have to make sure it's running stable before releasing anything to
the general public but if anyone with a wireless pak who wants to
help test out CoCoNet/6551 let me know.  You'll just need to put a
new EPROM in the socket and download the PC server applet and my
CoCoNet/6551-bootable NitrOS-9 .dsk.

If you have a Tandy Deluxe RS-232 Pak and a way to boot into the
CoCoNet/Disk BASIC ROM, no wireless pak is needed.
--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com