[Coco] CoCo Map, and CoCo 3 Voltage Regulator heat sink

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Apr 9 11:27:26 EDT 2009

All,

I am replying to these two items, but I don't have the originals inline
due to that lovely "--" bug that Thunderbird has (this is actually
documented - but has yet to be fixed for the past several years for some
reason).

Anyhow...

Regarding the CoCo Map: I just added myself, and it all seemed to work
fine in FireFox 3 under Ubuntu (so I don't think there is an "IE Only"
problem?)...

Regarding the regulator (specifically, a small switch-mode PSU):

You might try looking around at All Electronics:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/480/Power-Supplies/1.html

and/or Electronic Goldmine:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1109

If you haven't already - EG seems a little sparse on there PSU
offerings, so AE might be a better choice. I don't know off-hand what
the CoCo's needs are for a PSU (can someone chime in?). I would imagine
that +/- 12VDC and +/- 5VDC at some amperage for both (what, I don't know).

Both of these electronics places are good, but there are others. If I
run across something elsewhere I will post it...

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona