[Coco] Q: Burke & Burke hard disk controller

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 17:57:51 EDT 2008

tonym wrote:
> [...]

Everything I have tried has worked, I don't actually own an MPI or RS232
pak, but I have the Speech/Sound cart and that works fine, so I don't
see why the others would not.

The Orchesta-90 doesn't work because it's software driven, and since the
Dragon's rom is different to the CoCo, the entry points are different,
could be made to work if the rom was disassembled, and re-assembled for
the Dragon tho.

Some game paks also work, some not, for the above reason, and if they
directly read the keyboard, they work but since the CoCo and Dragon have
different layouts some work but with odd keyboard layouts :)

> I thought I read somewhere, that there was a replacement ROM to use in CoCo FDC's, to
> allow them to work in the Dragon?

Yep I disassembled the SuperDos rom for the Dragon, and ported it to
work with some minor restrictions on the RS controler, connected to a
Dragon, primerally for the folks in the US who have Tano Dragons, since
propper DragonDos carts are pretty rare in the US, but RS ones are much
more common.

> Now, if older stuff works, what about newer stuff like C9's TC^3 / SuperIDE?
> NitrOS9? I see mention of Dragon in the source.....

Yeap it can also be compiled for the Dragon, which reminds me I must get
round to checking the latest release and building a set of Dragon disks
for that.

Cheers.

Phill.