[Coco] Q: Burke & Burke hard disk controller

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:18:47 EDT 2008

On 9/30/08, tonym wrote:

> Since ya mentioned the word Dragon....
> Are CoCo hardware expansions Dragon-compatible? ie, MPI, RS232Pak, etc...?

Yes. The CoCo and Dragon cartridge ports are compatible.

> I thought I read somewhere, that there was a replacement ROM to use in CoCo
> FDC's, to allow them to work in the Dragon?

There are at least two versions of DragonDos / SuperDos that have been
converted to work in CoCo disk controllers. I wrote one, and I believe
Phill H. Smith did the other.

> Now, if older stuff works, what about newer stuff like C9's TC^3 / SuperIDE?
> NitrOS9? I see mention of Dragon in the source.....

Not sure about those.  Anything that is CoCo 1/2 compatible could
probably be made to work on a Dragon with a proper driver.

Darren