[Coco] 3.5" drives on coco 3

Sun Sep 28 00:21:00 EDT 2008

On Sep 27, 2008, at 9:48 PM, Fred D. Provoncha wrote:
> I modified the drive cable, and crammed the 3 1/2" drive into my
> FD-502 case. It was difficult to get the cable connected to both
> drives; not much space inside that case, and the cable was just
> barely long enough.

Yeah, the existing cable in the FD-502 case doesn't work too well for
connecting to a 3.5" drive.  Tandy sure didn't leave any extra length
of cable for flexibility.  I ended up building a short 3" extension
cable from the existing 34-pin cardedge connector to the 34-pin IDC
connector on the 3.5" drive.  (34-pin male cardedge to 34-pin female
IDC adapter plugged into a 34-pin male IDC on the end of 3" of 34-
conductor ribbon cable, a 34-pin female IDC on the other end to hook
into the drive.  Whew!)

-- JP