[Coco] Vcc and real floppy disks

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 26 04:40:21 EDT 2008

Darren A wrote:
> I think the problem that Robert was referring to is when a modified
> DECB is used to access the second side of a disk as though it were a
> separate disk. In this case the ID fields on both sides are encoded as
> side zero.
 ><snip>

To be specific the DOS I use, as do many others, has the following drive
table
drive     value
0          1
1          2
2          $41
3          $42

This makes all drives singles but includes using the second head. The
standard table is
drive    value
0          1
1          2
2          4
3          $40

I should also point out that one can (and I have) expand the OS-9 drive
tables in the same manner so that both true double sided disks and dual
singles can be used at the same time.