[Coco] Possible Coco patent?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Sep 21 10:24:00 EDT 2008

On Sunday 21 September 2008, Aaron Banerjee wrote:
>All:
>
>I stumbled upon US Patent # 5,572,705 while searching for something
>entirely different.  I'm trying to guess if they used an old coco
>(with additions) in constructing this device.  It's got a 6809E and a
>6821 PIA.   The patent may be viewed for free at the US Patent and
>Trademark Office website <http://www.uspto.gov> under the "patents"
>section.  It is most easily found by doing a "patent number search".
>
>I was wondering what others thought of this patent:
>
>1.  Souped-up coco?
>2.  Not a coco, but the inventor was familiar with coco and used
>similar parts for his invention?
>3.  Mere coincidence?
>
>Not that it really makes a difference, but the patent was filed/issued
>long after a 1 Mhz, 32K machine would have been obsolete for most
>purposes.  I just thought someone on this list might find it
>interesting.
>                                      - Aaron

Where did you find this?  According to the above link, that patent has been
expired and expunged for non-payment of the maintenance fees on Nov 5, 2004
after the statutory number of years, in this case 8.

Pat#				App#				Issued date
5,572,705                       08/180,848                        11/05/96