[Coco] COCO to PC transfer and Using VCC

Allan Chaney chaneya at acwoodworksinc.com
Thu Sep 11 20:24:25 EDT 2008

JP,

WOW.  That is a lot better.  Really.... it looks as good as it does on the
actual COCO hooked up to my LCD TV over composite connections.  That does
it.  It's perfect!

I never had a composite monitor when I used the COCO in the past.  I always
used to have a TV hooked up to my COCO using the RF connection.

I'm going to contact those folks you mentioned who are involved in archiving
this stuff although I did already send a request to Cloud9 to buy Drivewire
2.0 (which comes with the  serial cable).  The Player Disk copy that is
already archived is the copy protected version because that initial ASC
character splash screen is the Sundog Copy protection screen.  That screen
does not exist on my versions which do not have floppy disk copy protection.

One other question I have is how is .dsk disk image created?  Assuming I am
able to get Drivewire 2.0 working, it occurred to me that just having the
files on my PC will not really do it.  I assume for VCC to function
correctly with the game, when you enter cities and when you exit cities, you
will have to pretend like you are flipping the disk by choosing the
Cartridge menu, Drive 0, Eject and then Insert (then selecting the .dsk file
of the City Disk).

Does that sound correct and if that is the case, how does one create a .dsk
file of an entire floppy disk?

Thanks a ton for all of your help on this.  It is very much appreciated.

Glen Dahlgren and I were very good friends while I was working on this game.
We would talk for hours and hours on the phone while in college.  He ran
Sundog out of his college dorm room.  He was a wonderful guy, a real
pleasure to work with and in my opinion he was a genius coder.  I have
followed his name over the years still in the gaming industry.  Very
impressive.

Allan