[Coco] FW: Coco 3 serial numbers

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Mon Sep 15 00:01:08 EDT 2008

Rumor has it that john poco may have mentioned these words:

>Does anyone know where tandy started numbering the coco 3's IE what was
>the serial number of the first 3 off the line?

I dunno, but mine's serial # 102404, and it was one of the first
'bilingual' ones available in Northern Ontario; ordered ahead for it & got
it the first weekend they were available... and man, was it a *steal*@ ;-)

I'm in the US, but live right on the Canadian border - Sault Ste. Marie,
Ont. Canada is much larger than Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA; I'd have had to
drive 150 miles one-way to get one in the States at $219US; introductory
price in Canada was $199CDN, and I got an extra 35 cents Canadian for every
one of my American dollars; IIRC, it worked out to under $165 even after
paying duty at customs.

Upgraded it to 512K a while later, etc. Still have it and it still works great!

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein