[Coco] Serial Mouse

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Thu Sep 11 21:32:56 EDT 2008

I hate to post this question on this forum, but I do not know where else
to find answers.

I am trying to get a Microsoft type serial mouse working with NitrOS-9
using the JoyDrv_6551M.sb driver. At first, it seems to work, but within
15 seconds the mouse would freeze, never to start working again unit I
rebooted. I looked through the code and noticed the UART initialization
is set to 8 bits. That is correct for a Logitech type serial mouse, but
the Microsoft type uses 7 bit communication. I fixed this issue and now
it runs for almost a minute before locking up. I am pretty sure there is
some type of communication error and the system cannot recover from the
error.

My question, is anyone using this driver with a Deluxe RS-232 Pak? If
so, do you see any of the same behavior?

Gary Becker