[Coco] Cassette To Disk Transfer

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 23:32:22 EDT 2008

From: John T Chasteen <johnchasteen.2 at juno.com>
> Hello Coco Folks
>
> We have moved our Coco system to Florida for the Winter.
>
> I promised to copy some Chromasette tapes to disk.
>
> I seem to remember there was a discussion last Summer.
>
> Is there any troubles I should be careful  to be successful?
>
> I think I can load a tape file to coco3 memory then run the program
>
> to make sure it works.  I do have a TDP-100 to try some of the programs.
>
> When satisfied I have a good file then save to disk.
>
> Your comments will be appreciated

Be wary of programs with ML to be embedded into DATA statements, such as Leo Christopherson was famous for, both in the TRS-80 Model One (Android Nim, Dancing Demon, etc) and Color Computer (Klendathu).  The program will load then save fine if you don''t run it.  If you run it, everything changes after the filler in the DATA statements is poked full of the real program and graphic data.  It'll save, but it'll never LLIST coherently.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

The two halves of the ruling Party are arguing over who gets to be the Top this time.  Either wins, Top or Bottom, they both win by the situation.  For us individuals, BOHICA.