[Coco] Gauntelet II and drivewire...

Fri Nov 28 18:58:18 EST 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Robert Gault wrote:

> Michael Robinson wrote:
>> Has anyone gotten Gauntlet II to work with drivewire?  I have an
>> image
>> of the boot disk and board disk that I've gotten to work in xmess,
>> but
>> I can't get them to work on my actual Coco 3.  I imagine I could go
>> to floppydisk.com and order 360k 5.25" media, but my Coco disk drives
>> are shot.
>>
> The gantelet .dsk images I have work with MESS coco3 emulation. I've
> yet to see something which ran on MESS but not a real Coco3.

Well, there are a couple of possibilities I can think of:

1.  Gantelet II might use a custom loader (not DSKCON-based) that
would render it incompatible with Cloud-9's Drivewire.

2.  The Gantelet II disks use a non-standard format (i.e. not JVC-
compliant) that Drivewire cannot read properly.

Since you could get the disk images to mount in Drivewire, I'd guess
the former might be the problem.

-- JP