[Coco] Gauntelet II and drivewire...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 28 18:39:57 EST 2008

Michael Robinson wrote:
> Has anyone gotten Gauntlet II to work with drivewire?  I have an image
> of the boot disk and board disk that I've gotten to work in xmess, but
> I can't get them to work on my actual Coco 3.  I imagine I could go
> to floppydisk.com and order 360k 5.25" media, but my Coco disk drives
> are shot.
>
> When I loadm "gauntelet" followed by exec on my Coco 3, I just get a
> black screen.

Are you spelling the name correctly? I know of a Gauntlet conversion for
the Coco by Diecom called Gantelet. Is that the game? If not, can you
give a url for downloading the .dsk images?

The gantelet .dsk images I have work with MESS coco3 emulation. I've yet
to see something which ran on MESS but not a real Coco3.