[Coco] Bluetooth on the Model 100 - any chance of getting this to work on the COCO?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Nov 25 15:29:08 EST 2008

At 07:15 AM 11/25/2008, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Rogelio Perea wrote:
> >I assume that it would be far easier on a RS232 pak equipped CoCo - there
> >was once an article on The Rainbow called "The Forgotten Chip" and it showed
> >how to add an ACIA chip into the CoCo to allow for better serial port
> >communications under OS9.
> >
> >A BlueTooth CoCo... that'd be neat!
>
>I used that 'forgotten chip' kit in a coco2 at the tv station for about 14
>years.  In fact I still have the machine, they gave it back to me when its
>companion production video switcher was replaced.

I did the Forgotten Chip add-on as well and it gave the CoCo the same
set of registers used by the RS-232 Pack and DC Modem Pak, both 6551
based.  The signals came out of the bitbanger port.

Does anyone have a PDF copy of that old article?  Also, has anyone
added their own stuff by using the Disto Super Controller MEB bus?

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com