[Coco] PC-to-CoCo floppy drive cable

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Wed Nov 12 19:01:53 EST 2008

Bob,

They are indeed different. The "standard" IBM cable is wired with two motor enable and two drive enables.

As Darren correctly points out, if you take an IBM-style cable, untwist it, and then twist 10-12, you'll correctly get the motor/drive enable signals to an IBM-type 3.5 inch drive 0.

That's how I got mine wired up.

Also using switches is a great idea. I set up one drive case with a 3.5" drive, one 40T and one 80T 5.25" drives and 3 switches to select which one is drive 0 and 1. I can convert any media format to the other. That gets a smiley. :)

-Mike