[Coco] PC-to-CoCo floppy drive cable

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Nov 12 18:37:26 EST 2008

I can't believe I didn't put that in "Tandy's Little Wonder", but I didn't! But you could look at the floppy schematics and find it -- the FD-500 schematic is clear enough. Too bad that converting to PDF caused the schematics to be fuzzy enough that it's nearly impossible to see what most of the labels in most of them are. I don't have the original scans or schematics either.

But you know, the CoCo floppy cable is nearly identical to an IBM cable. An IBM cable will work as long as the first two drives are jumpered the same (forget whether they both need to be drive 0 or 1). All the odd number pins are grounds, just evens have disk signals.

--------------
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:11:16 -0600
From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>

I'm having trouble locating the pinouts for the CoCo floppy
cable.  Is this hard to believe?  I've looked in almost every CoCo
manual I have and many technical PDF docs with no luck.  After
hundreds of posts on the subject over the years and lots of CoCo tech
documents on the web, nothing is turning up after 1 hour of digging.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"