[Coco] the upshot from the optimizing BASIC code mail and a followon question

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 20:24:43 EST 2008

John wrote:
> Say all,
> The summary is modern coding conventions tend to instantiate variables
> immediately before their use rather than at the beginning of a program in
> BASIC.  Following the "old" guidelines is verboten.

Yach! that's one of the things I hate about badly written C programs in
perticular is that you can define a variable anywhere in the code
stream, it can make tracking down the definition a pain.

At least in Pascal/Delphi, you have to declare them at the beginning of
the procedure/function/unit/program that they are used.

Cheers.

Phill.