[Coco] MS Office 2003

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Nov 4 19:41:44 EST 2008

If you simply must use Outlook, the only thing you can do is get someone to e-mail you the key from their Office 2003 disk and see if that works. MS won't be of much help, but then again they may if you give the registered name and address. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

The best solution may be to use a different e-mail program. There are several free ones that aren't hard to use and can be downloaded. I'd try Mozilla Thunderbird (what I use on my XP machine) -- http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
There are others, but T-bird is pretty easy to set up and use.

Alternately you could download a Linux "Live CD" that will run off the CD-ROM, you don't have to install it on your hard drive (but can). It won't mess up your Windows hard drive, but will set up a file area for Linux to use for temp files and such. It's just another folder on the drive as far as Windows is concerned. I'd suggest something easy to work with like MEPIS or Mint. But that's a lot of work just to read your e-mail! If you are considering Linux anyway now might be a good time though.

------------
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 01:37:00 -0500
From: John T Chasteen <johnchasteen.2 at juno.com>

Hello Coco Folks
I just recovered from a computer crash.
When I tried to use Outlook to download my mail  I have to give the 5
section
Product Key. Since I am a "Snow Bird, the  KEY is in our Summer address.

My question is "How do I get past this problem?
Your help is welcomed

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"