[Coco] Disto SC needed

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Nov 15 01:11:16 EST 2008

Well folks, I don't know what happened but my Disto Super Controller
I which hasn't been able to write suddenly started causing read
errors a while ago.

Doing a 'DIR' on any floppy either causes the CoCo to crash or the
screen will clear, the video will glitch real quick, then you get the
cursor.  I've tried 3 cables, recleaned the contacts (which were
already clean), tried 3 CoCo's and 2 different drives with the same
results.  I even reseated the chips.

Please tell me this is just a capacitor or something I can
replace.  :)  Jeez.  I was 1 minute from burning an EPROM and was
overly anxious to make some progress.

I don't understand what causes CoCo floppy controllers to suddenly
break like this but over the years I've had many controllers do about
the same thing, crash the CoCo when trying to read a disk.  In the
pile they went.

If this sounds like a common WD1773 problem, where can I find one?

At any rate, I desparately need a Super Controller with the MEB
connector so I can use my MPROM attachment.
--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com