[Coco] AWK - a wonderful language WAS: Re: Python on the CoCo 3?

Paul E. Jones paulej at arid.us
Sat May 24 20:36:17 EDT 2008

Did I hear awk mentioned? ;-)

I used to love awk, too.  I still use it for some simple things (especially
one-liners that yank one column out of a table).  But, alas, I've become a
Perl convert.

I've actually stopped writing shell scripts or awk scripts, for the most
part, and do everything using Perl.  It has the perfect balance of
simplicity and flexibility.  It's a great language for CGI scripts, too.

These days, if I need a script then it is hard for me to consider anything
other than Perl.

Paul

PS - I just had to be that Perl person that popped up this time :-p