[Coco] COCO3 System Arrangement of modules

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 23 22:11:01 EDT 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008, John T Chasteen wrote:
>Gene
>Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I do have an ohmmeter. I did not
>check Cloud9
>recommended to place the two units that plug in MPI. Since I"M recovering
>from
>the Shingles and less than 30 days until my 80th birthday, it is hard to
>play for more
>than 4 or 5 hours at one time.

Hummph, I've been trounced, rather royally!  Here I was thinking at 73, that I
was one of the older ones here.  Congrats John, and many more too.

>Thanks for the download saver. I hope I recognize the sockets you
>mentioned. I can't
>remember if I have a schematic. I hope pin one is printed on the circuit
>board.

Not on the bottom of the pcb, but on the 4 long (probably green) card sockets
themselves, every pin is labeled right in the plastic molding, but its teeny
stuff and one might need a good light and a magnifying glass if cataracts are
in ones future.  It is beginning for me.

BTW, they now have a shot, a vaccine they are calling it, recommended for all
over 60 to get it.  Unforch, it is also 150+ dollars, which for the retired
crowd, might be hard to part with.  I am going to get it ordered for me as I
had the shingles pretty bad a decade+ back after almost electrocuting myself,
and have been in more or less constant pain since in the area of the rib cage
and diaphram.  That is not a pleasant condition, just as yours wasn't a couple
of weeks ago.

If medicaid doesn't cover it, yell, loudly, at your congress-critter.

>Thanks again for your help. I think I'll wait awhile before running
>jumpers, and see how things work.

If you put it online, and I used to use Supercomm for all my dialup access a
decade or more back up the calendar, that, or one of the other "bypass the mpi
for the irq's" hacks will need to be done.  Some even went so far as to run a
separate wire, but that is not required, IMO is more dangerous, and this method
is all out of sight.  And it Just Works(TM).  :)