[Coco] NitrOS-9 V03.02.07 Release

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 21 23:58:35 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Ed Orbea wrote:
>I do not have a question, I'm just responding to the list where Boisy
>asked for feedback regarding this developers release.Perhaps I need to
>send th information directly to Boisy, but since he sent the original
>message to the dist list, I was responding via the same mechanism.
>
>In regards to you response regarding w8 to w15, when I perform an ident
>on each file (w8.dw to w15.dw)  the header name is always w7. I found
>this because when I tried to configure a boot with devices w1 to w15,
>the boot screen repeated the words w7 each time in place of what was
>expected (w8, w9, w10, and so on).
>
>Not being an OS9/NitrOS9 expert such as you, I thought that the issue
>could be with something I did, so I double and triple checked my
>standard.bl file, and say that (when using VCC) that it seemed to be
>something incorrect in the w8.dw to w15.dw. When I did an ident on the
>files w8.dw to w15.dw I saw that all the information displayed was
>identical, except for the module CRC.
>
>As I said, I am not a OS9/NitrOS9 expert, so I am be going down the
>wrong track, but I just wanted to share (via the same mechanism Boisy
>used to announced) to raise the issue.
>
>Ed

You however are correct, the internal names of those modules are all $57
$B7= "W7" once you strip the high bit from the last character of the name.
It is the byte value at $0034 that is changing the module crc, and that is
seemingly not related to the name.

Looking at the .asm src, the name is incremented correctly.  Something has
gone a bit aglay someplace.  I don't think I would try to use them just yet.