[Coco] NitrOS-9 V03.02.07 Release

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 21 23:25:38 EDT 2008

Ed Orbea wrote:
> Using the 030207 6809 coco3_88dd disk and trying to configure /W8 to
> /W15, I find that /W8 to /W15 are identical. Executing ident on w7.dw, I
> obtain:
> Header for: W7
> Module Size:  $0042  #66
> Module CRC:  $7CE8AB (Good)
> Hrd parity: $B0
> Edition: $53
> Ty/La At/Rv: $F1 $80
> Dev Dsc mod, 6809 obj, re-en, R/O
>
> For w8.dw to w15.dw the only change that ident shows is to Module CRC.
> w8.dw $DB6175
> w9.dw $B6DFF0
> w10.dw $DA28EB
> w11.dw $7E28E1
> w12.dw $7E8DC3
> w13.dw $2C8D77
> w14.dw $7E285D
> w15.dw $7E8C3D
>
> I have not checked the other disk images yet.
>
> Ed

If you have a question, you have not asked it. In any case /w8-/w15
can't be identical as the names are different.

Perhaps you think that window descriptors should be different but there
is no reason why that should be so. You can change the contents of the
descriptors with xmode (or wmode if you have it) to anything you want.
It is not even necessary to adjust the descriptors if you change the
properties of the window before you initialize them (iniz). That can be
done with the commands wcreate or display. If you use display, then the
call DWSET is used; $1B $20 sty cpx cpy szx szy prn1 prn2 prn3 where
sty=style, cpx and cpy are the coords of the top left corner, szx and
szy are the dimensions of the window, prn1=foreground palette,
prn2=background palette, and prn3=border palette.