[Coco] The new nitros9 assembler Q

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 18 13:04:09 EDT 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008, Robert Gault wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Does anyone have access to the docs for running the new, 6309 capable asm?
>>
>> My attempts to get either an object or a listing from it have been
>> fruitless so far. It seems to ignore the options I pass to it.
>>
>> Thanks all.
>
>For starters, options for asm don't conform to the current NitrOS-9
>system wide options syntax using a minus sign to activate; ex. dir -e
>Asm options are turned off with a minus sign and on by an unsigned letter.

Kewl.  Konfuzin, but...

>The current option letters are: c, e, f, g, i, l, m, n, o, s. The LevelI
>owner's manual defines the following options:

Those pages do not seem to be in the os9assmbly.pdf that I just downloaded
from malted media, thanks.

>c	conditionals On	- default is On
>d#	page depth - default = 66
>e	error messages On - default is On
>f	use form feed instead of line feed - default is Off

I'll probably need that if I can get the font cups is using small enough to
keep it from wrapping.  I have a question out on the cups list about that
now.  The default font only allows about 75 chars/line before it wraps.

>g	generate all constant lines - default is Off
>l	listing On - default is Off
>m	mode On (Motorola compatible) - default is Off
>n	narrow listing - default is Off
>o	generate object code - default is Off
>	o=/dd/temp/test
>	o   will use filename to create a CMDS entry
>s	generate symbol table - default Off
>w#	set page width - default = 79
>
>Be advised that if your source code contains
>	use	/dd/defs/defsfile
>or any other definition file, asm should be called with extra data space
>asm #40k

I found that out. :-)

Thanks Robert.

--