[Coco] The new nitros9 assembler Q

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 18 11:53:58 EDT 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Does anyone have access to the docs for running the new, 6309 capable asm?
>
> My attempts to get either an object or a listing from it have been fruitless
> so far. It seems to ignore the options I pass to it.
>
> Thanks all.

For starters, options for asm don't conform to the current NitrOS-9
system wide options syntax using a minus sign to activate; ex. dir -e
Asm options are turned off with a minus sign and on by an unsigned letter.

The current option letters are: c, e, f, g, i, l, m, n, o, s. The LevelI
owner's manual defines the following options:
c	conditionals On	- default is On
d#	page depth - default = 66
e	error messages On - default is On
f	use form feed instead of line feed - default is Off
g	generate all constant lines - default is Off
l	listing On - default is Off
m	mode On (Motorola compatible) - default is Off
n	narrow listing - default is Off
o	generate object code - default is Off
	o=/dd/temp/test
	o   will use filename to create a CMDS entry
s	generate symbol table - default Off
w#	set page width - default = 79

Be advised that if your source code contains
	use	/dd/defs/defsfile
or any other definition file, asm should be called with extra data space
asm #40k