[Coco] Printing utility for linux users

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 16 16:58:52 EDT 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008, mike delyea wrote:
>Speaking of printers, I have an HP Laserjet 4.  Will an ORDINARY
>serial to parallel converter work with the coco (provided I build a
>coco serial to 9 pin serial adapter) given that the coco's serial port
>is not 5 volts?  This printer is old but its solid and I can get
>replacement toner/drum cartridges for $70.00.

I rather doubt it Mike, I'm fairly sure that printer doesn't have a rastering
engine in it & speaks some dialect of PCL.  However, since it does have a
parport & its 2 bills cheaper than running out and getting a new HL-2140 &
all them $40 each usb cables, it would sure be worth a try.  Let us know
please.