[Coco] Floppy - less boot , was Re: VI and VIRQ

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 13 23:34:30 EDT 2008

Diego Barizo wrote:
> Now that it comes to mention. I've been trying to create a custom 1s35t
> boot disk for my HDB-DOS / SuperIDE setup, completely unsuccessfully so
> far.
> Looking around, I found a mention of the bug in the rb1773 driver, and
> the symptoms match the ones I see, freezing after tb ...... at boot time.
> Will this bug affect an attempt to boot from a HDB-DOS virtual drive?
> When I try that, I get all the ..... at boot, and then bCCCC%%V Date
> Save Unlink GrfDrv Backup Date # t*j , and final freeze.
> Here is my bootlist file, which could be the cause of my problems...
 ><snip>

Looks to me that you have the wrong /dd descriptor in your boot file. If
you want to boot from the hard drive, /dd must be a hard drive
descriptor. You chose an 80 track floppy for /dd.

RB1773 will not be used at all when booting from a hard drive so if
rb1773 is buggy, it won't matter during the boot process.