[Coco] PC in a Coco case project questions

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Mon May 12 09:27:14 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Ben Jimenez <ben_jimenez at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Since i'm still in the brainstorming mode, I'm not
>  sure which case I will use. Since at the momment I
>  don't have one. I was thinking of replacing the key
>  board with a laptop keyboard or small standard
>  keyboard if I could not get the Coco keyboard going.

You could probably use a small-ish USB keyboard as well. I've seen
them stuffed into notebooks where the original keyboard had failed.
But to do the original CoCo keyboard, you'd basically build the
reverse of Cloud-9's AT Keyboard Adapter. I've seen C64 and Apple
keyboards interfaced to PCs (doing basically the same thing you
proposed, building PC-based emulation machines into the original
cases), so I'm sure it can be done. It would be a nice finishing touch
:)

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)