[Coco] PC in a Coco case project questions

Ben Jimenez ben_jimenez at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 02:06:33 EDT 2008

I have a couple of large pc cases too. I think of
computer cases like cars. Back in the old day they
were built like tanks, today some metal is so thin if
you push on it it will bend.  In cases though lighter
is easier to lug around. I feel you though.

Since i'm still in the brainstorming mode, I'm not
sure which case I will use. Since at the momment I
don't have one. I was thinking of replacing the key
board with a laptop keyboard or small standard
keyboard if I could not get the Coco keyboard going.

I'm thinking of going without a harddrive and adding a
multi-card reader to allow boot up of the system off
of a digital card. I'm looking into some slimmed down
linux versions that I could build on. I'm also looking
into using a GCC compiler to allow Coco BASIC code to
be converted and compiled to a linux bin. I've found a
couple that already allow the converting of other
BASIC's to bin for linux.