[Coco] nitros9 questions

Christopher Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun May 11 20:49:44 EDT 2008

Gene Heskett said the following on 05/11/2008 06:16 PM:
> On Sunday 11 May 2008, Christopher Hawks wrote:
>> Gene Heskett said the following on 05/11/2008 03:48 PM:

>>> Oohhkayy, as soon as I get a printer working on the coco, I'll cut a check
>>> & send it, or have the bank send it actually.  The bank may not have the
>>> item on the check, so it will be the 6309 version I want.
>> 	Ready and waiting! You get all 3 versions (6809L1, 6809L2, and 6309L2)  You
>> can dsave the directories right into the NitrOS9 distribution disk and
>> uncomment their entries in standard.bl to build a new bootfile.
>
> Chuckle, thanks Chris.  I about wore myself out today trying to rig a loop
> from the bitbanger port to a usb adapter and an extension cable up to this
> box, and from here via another extension cable to a fairly new c88
> downstairs.  But the c88 doesn't seem like it wants to clean its nozzles for
> black and magenta, sat too long in the box & dried out I guess,  Now, when I
> get to town, I'm looking for a specific brother laser that claims to
> understand IBM ProPrinter as that just might understand ascii & its not much
> more than a big buck.  Tomorrow I think, the weather here threatened
> tornado's all afternoon, but none came calling although we did get the
> impression that they found the instructions written on the heel of that
> famous boot full of used water.  And inch or so at least.
>
> Plus I about used me up running up and down the stairs rigging those usb
> extension cables.  And I know I've got a db9 gender changer that's female on
> both sides, but haven't found it yet, so I'll have to get one of those while
> in town.

	Yeah, I'm learning the feeling. That's why everything including the computer
room is on 1 (one) floor since we moved (back) to Illinois.

> Besides, tomorrow I might find out what they want to do with my slowly failing
> heart, it was down to only 44 a minute a week ago last Wednesday for a little
> while.  And that is crimping my normal pace a bit.  Darnit.

	A good friend says her pacemaker gave her back her life. She had problems with
a slow heart and had one put in about 10 years ago. When she was only 80!!

--
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft