[Coco] Jeweled game done

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun May 11 12:10:40 EDT 2008

At 07:52 AM 5/11/2008, you wrote:

>Hi Roger. I received my disk yesterday. Thanks!
>You did an excellent job. I really enjoy this one and I typically
>like more arcade style games.
>I've already played for a few hours (I was up playing till 2am
>playing). So far the highest level I've reached is 15 in one session.
>Can the game ever end? or do you just quit when you have had enough?
>Also the levels increase in number
>but level 15 seemed as easy as level 1. Am I right about that?
>
>Charlie

The odd levels have more gems and the even levels have fewer gems
which cause more combos and cascades and naturally bigger score
building, but the game alternates consistently between hard/easy
levels throughout play.

Yes, the game can end with no available moves if you don't play with
some strategy to help keep feeding the board with new gems.  You'd
eventually look for a move and won't find one after which you just
hit Break to end the game or let it sit on the screen like I do just
for fun until I'm ready to play another session.

One of the tricks of Bejeweled for long play and piling up your score
is to move back and forth betwen the bottom and top of the board when
the time is right.  You want to pick moves towards the bottom first
since the large collapse will generate more possible moves.  If
you're closer to the top and it's looking scary, you'll find yourself
trying for sets that push you further down the board again.