[Coco] Slightly OT, But coco related

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed May 7 16:36:22 EDT 2008

Cocoists that also use Ubuntu --

Many of us (including me) learned to program by typing in code at an OK prompt
on a nuclear green background. That gateway has largely been lost for new users.
Programming is an issue of an intimidating dev IDE, class libraries, and
documentation scattered about the 'net.

In my Ubuntu Brainstorm idea, I suggest having a front-and-center scripting IDE
(probably Python based) with a great tutorial and cartoons ala "Getting Started
With Color BASIC."

Anyway, if you think this idea would be helpful to Ubuntu please vote for my
idea (and I do make a good mention of the Coco as a source for this):

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8193/

Thanks for tolerating the shameless promotion,

-- John.