[Coco] [coco] the old grey ghost lives!!

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat May 10 22:17:57 EDT 2008

From: RJRTTY at aol.com
> In a message dated 5/10/2008 12:12:12 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
> diegoba at adinet.com.uy writes:
> Roy, I believe I have an  original shack 4 drive cable.
> If you want it, I should be able to send it to  you...
>
> Diego
>
> Thanks for the offer Diego but those cables  probably
> accomplished drive selection with missing teeth in
> the  connectors.   I have the connectors and cable
> to make a custom  cable with all the teeth present
> and will do drive selection on each drive's  main
> PC board.
>
> This is going to be so cool.   I may set it  up
> in a rack configuration with wheels so I can
> move it around  easily.

If it was a Tandy 4-drive cable, it was definitely a tooth-removal situation.  The stock cable for the CoCo drives was for two drives (and had teeth removed), if you went beyond that the cable you special-ordered was the same as came with the first TRS-80 Model One floppy drive.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965