[Coco] Nitros9

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Sat May 3 22:02:59 EDT 2008

Rumor has it that Tom Seagrove may have mentioned these words:
>See http://www.nitros9.org/ for everything you ever wanted to know.....

[[ see below - I'm an old fart that's not happy with top-posting...
    ;-) ]]

Ah, but he wanted to know *more*... ;-)

WRT monitors & whatnot - Yes, there's ways of using better monitors & TVs
for 80column modes.

 From the sounds of it, you'd be "happier" with a stock CM-8 designed for a
CoCo - 80 columns was pretty decent - the 106 columns was a bit rough, tho.

However, if you can find an Amiga or Atari (SC1224) they had even better
dot-pitch yet; but you'd need an adapter cable or even an adapter circuit
(if it was negative-sync instead of the CoCo's positive, IIRC) to use it.

If you're looking for something a bit more "modern" both Roy Justus & Chris
Hawks can help out. Roy builds a CoCo -> VGA upconverter so you can hook up
any recent PC/Mac monitor to your CoCo; and Chris Hawks builds a similar
device but for hooking your CoCo to an SVideo TV/Monitor; either of which
will give you a *wonderful* picture on more recent displays.

HTH,
"Merch"

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |