[Coco] Reading CoCo Media from a PC

Joef6809 joef6809 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:24:22 EDT 2008

No it would have nothing to do with dsk files. Under RGB dos the "Virtual
hard disk" can contain up to 255 floppy disks and of course part of it is
accessable under OS9 as /h0 . What I'm thinking is that instead of writing
to a virtual disk file I could just do secotor writes to a CF card. If I do
it correctly that CF card should work correctly in real  system with with
either a SuperIDE or Glenside IDE controller. Or course you would need the
hardware on the real coco to plug the CF card into. Right now I don't know
if it will work as my IDE controller is sick, but I'm 99% sure I can make it
work.
What would happen is you would mount the CF card in the emulator under RGB
dos, This would make the CF card look like a bunch of disks to the emulated
coco. Then you would mount a dsk file and backup from the dsk file to one of
the CF cards disks. Then you would move the CF card over to the real coco
and backup from the CF to a real disk. Revese the process to get a real disk
into a dsk file. Or course that just one use of it, you could boot OS9 from
the CF card just as you can with a virtual HD or the CF card with a SuperIDE
controller.