[Coco] HD size for NitrOS-9

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 11:59:58 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diego Barizo"
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:21 PM
Subject: [Coco] HD size for NitrOS-9

> What would be a nice, big size for a HD to be used with NitrOS-9?
> I have a few different sized CF cards, and I don't want to waste a big
> one, or run out of space using a small one.
> I can think about installing a few games that will take the equivalent of
> 10 disk, plus another 10 with programs and utilities. That would be less
> than 4 Mb.... I'm sure I will end up using more than that.
> What's your experience around there?
>
> Diego

 Over the years using a 30 meg hard drive on my coco, I never did get more
than about 20 megs used up. I had stuff in there from the old BBS days along
with just about everything OS9, personal stuff, dynacalc spreadsheets and
more.

 I think now that I have a lot of files from those days copied to a CD and
they no longer reside in my coco, I could probably be happy with about ten
megs... providing I don't get involved in gaming and try to save every game
there ever was onto it.

 Right now, I have about fourteen megs used on that drive. But, I still have
my old BBS on it and a lot other stuff that I could remove, but I don't need

That's MY story.

George