[Coco] E-Bay removed the TRS-80 Category

Tue Mar 18 14:22:09 EDT 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Paul E. Jones wrote:
> I perked up at your comment that the number of listings on eBay
> related to vintage machines have decreased and that sellers have left.
>
> Where did they go?  Is there new competition in town, have people
> just become frustrated with eBay, or is there another reason?

With fewer sellers, prices may go up, too.  For example, a white 64kB
CoCo 1 just went for $180!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220211304191&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

That's a pretty amazing price considering an equivalent machine went
for $31 last month:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270206322657