[Coco] reliable CoCo floppy disk writing on PCs

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:12:38 EDT 2008

Roger:

What worked best for me before I started using Drivewire is the process
that was described in the March 2006 issue of CoCo Nutz that was written
by DJ Fowler.

The machine I used it on was an AMD Athlon 800mhz desktop with Asus K7V
motherboard. I installed a DSDD 5.25 floppy as drive B: and set BIOS as
a 5.25 drive (no setting for size).

The only problem that I encountered as remembering to keep the CoCo/OS9
file names on the Windows SE system within the 8.3 naming conversion, so
as to eliminate having to deal with the embedded tilde "~" in longer
filenames.

Ed