[Coco] Cassette save and load problem

John T Chasteen johnchasteen.2 at juno.com
Tue Mar 4 17:42:38 EST 2008

Hi Bob
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I also have RAINBOW on Cassettes so I need to get the recorder/player
connected correctly.
When I was testing, I typed in basic simple short programs using line
numbers.  The programs on the cassettes
that came with the learning Lab.
I only have a coco3 here in Florida but I will try later on a coco2....
Copy right is 1981 and the doc. said it would work
on all Color Computers. There are 8 Cassette tapes in this course..
"Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer Learning Lab."

Do you have any DOC on the CCR-81 cassette Player? I dont know what the 3
cables should connect.

When you CSAVE,A  "filename" do you have to have the red record button
depressed?
I also typed  programs from the kybd and then tried to CSAVE  and CLOAD
"Filename"
I thought that one of those cable plugs would start and stop the cassette
motor. The programs were written
for "COLOR BASIC" 4 k .

THE AUDIO I HEAR IS THROUGH THE CASSETTE PLAYER

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:50:00 +1000 "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com>
writes:
> John,
>
> Are you sure that the cassette program is coco3 compatible?
> Which program is it? The block in the top left of the screen should
> change
> to F when it finds the header block.
>
> As far as I remember, you should not hear the tones at all; maybe
> you have a
> connection wrong? Unless of course you've used the command AUDIO
> ON.
>
> You obviously have the connection for the tape motor correct.

I don't know if I do have the cable pluged into the cassette player
correctley
I can get the motor to start turning the tape and stop... but I don't
know which of the other
plug should go.

I'm hoping someone has the spec. for the cable and cassette player

> Try adjusting the volume control of the recorder until the block
> starts to
> flash (it will probably give you I/O ERROR at that point) Then
> rewind and
> start again.

While the tape is running and the program is loading, the only thing I
have on the screen is the letter  " S '