[Coco] OT chit chat with Karl

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Jun 28 21:35:43 EDT 2008

At 10:48 AM 6/24/2008, you wrote:
>FWIW;
>
>Photos: How UPS Next Day delivers
>
>http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-207629.html

Next week I'll be the one arriving at the Shreveport/Bossier airport
all week, except Friday, watching the jets land and takeoff.  We have
the biggest and FedEx is a tad smaller but both are huge planes, then
there's the little DHL jet they converted from a passenger jet (the
windows are painted over).

What most probably don't know and won't know is that UPS carries (in
the sky only) the U.S. Postal Service's Air packages, and is working
Now on a deal with DHL for $1 billion a year to carry DHL's Air
packages on our planes.  ??? Yes, you heard right.  Both rely on UPS
to compete with?  Maybe we'll suck up DHL in about 10 years when
they're worth something.  I think the whole idea is to maintain the
huge lead over FedEx without ever leaving room for them to catch up,
but who knows what the main plan is.  DHL is struggling, and FedEx is
struggling... those two facts have been written for years, but I
think all shippers are struggling, period.

So for those (Mary, you're one of them) who's casually uttered the
words "UPS sucks", just remember... no matter what Next Day Air
service you use, the chances are it is going by UPS behind your back,
and that we suck SO bad that both the post office and DHL had to be a
part of it?  :)  Anyway, just some humor.

Here's a few eyebrow crinkling links:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-147672852.html

http://www.pressroom.ups.com/pressreleases/current/0,1088,5013,00.html