[Coco] coco3 with SuperIDEand two external CF units

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 18 20:29:18 EDT 2008

John T Chasteen wrote:

><snip >
> I haven't figured out the syntax to see what is stored on i1 (the stored
> files on the first CF unit)

Should just be
dir /i1

><snip>
> My question last night was how do I backup your 5.25 floppy before I
> start trying to use DriveWire.
> I noticed you have on the label 35TSS. I formatted a 40 track (NiO9) and
> that didn't work.
> What do I have to do to be successful?

If the disk in question is an OS-9 disk, you can use the command
'backup' under OS-9/NitrOS-9. That won't work with a Disk Basic disk as
OS-9 won't recognize the disk. You will need to run Backup under Disk Basic.
Further, the receiving disk should have the same format as the original.
So since your disk is labeled 35TSS, it must be formatted as a 35 track
single sided disk, the Disk Basic default. Under OS-9, you need to
either adjust the descriptor for the receiving disk or tell Format to
make a 35T single sided disk.

<snip>
> Is there a (white paper) tutorial on how to add  BASICO9 to the CF
> NitrOS9 files?

You need to copy all the modules that are part of Basic09 to the
NitrOS-9 CMDS directory on the CF; Basic09, RunB, gfx, gfx2, inkey, and
syscall.
You may not have all those files. They should be present in the next
release of NitrOS-9.