[Coco] coco3 with SuperIDEand two external CF units

John T Chasteen johnchasteen.2 at juno.com
Wed Jun 18 08:31:16 EDT 2008

Chris Hawks

sorry I missed you last night. I didn't want to bug you after you spent a
long hard day with OS-9 at work.
That is the reason I call back once since I have un timed long distance
service in the 48 States. I like
it when I don't have to talk fast

I have been going trough the NitrOS9 Getting started manual which I have
in hard copy.
I haven't figured out the syntax to see what is stored on i1 (the stored
files on the first CF unit)
I wasn't sure how to spell syntax so I checked the documentation that
comes with HDB-DOS 1.1 ).
This manual may have everything I need to get started... I only have 5
days before we leave the coco
equipment for 34 days.  I am really enjoying my self playing.

My question last night was how do I backup your 5.25 floppy before I
start trying to use DriveWire.
I noticed you have on the label 35TSS. I formatted a 40 track (NiO9) and
that didn't work. So
I booted L2 Tandy OS9 and formatted a 5.25 floppy. I think this is 35
tracks. I was in NitrOS9 L2
when I tried to backup your 5.25 in floppy.

What do I have to do to be successful?

I am going to work through the HDB-DOS user manual before I call or
e-mail any more questions.

Thanks again for all the help at the last meeting. I don't think I'm
going to try hooking up a physical IDE Drive.
I will wait until next summer. All I'm taking south is the /SuperIDE
Cloud9 unit and some formatted CF units.
I want to load some applications on the CF units... a spreadsheet and
Deskmate3.

Is there a (white paper) tutorial on how to add  BASICO9 to the CF
NitrOS9 files? I would like to
play with that this winter.

Help from the coco list is always appreciated.

John