[Coco] OT chit chat with Karl

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 22:21:04 EDT 2008

On Jun 16, 2008, at 9:02 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> East Texan here.  Well, for 3 years anyway.  Didn't you say you
> lived in the Longview area at one time?

 From Houston, lived in Mesquite around 1980 when I was in 6th grade,
then moved back to Houston area, then to Broaddus/Pineland/Lufkin from
1984-1995, then Des Moines area ever since. That should cover it.

> 'course you can tell a true East Texan because he wears shirts with
> cut-off sleeves, has tattoos on his arms, his wife has tattoos on
> her back and legs (and arms?), has a thong hanging out above her
> pants, and there's a 30% chance he owns some kind of motorcycle.
> The competition with the Harley's around here is getting bigger.
> One of our bosses at UPS now

Yeah, I never really fit in.  I don't even have a Texas accent.

> So, is the reunion in East Texas?  Should ya'll arrive on a Harley?

Prolly Houston.  I've now lived in Des Moines longer than I lived in
East Texas.

I wonder where the old Atlanta Computer Club folks are these days?

--
WE'RE FLOODED! http://web.mac.com/allenhuffman/Flood2008

Over 98,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com
(1980's Retro Computing: I want my CoCo 4! www.coco4.com)

Orlando (and other places) cheap luxury vacation offers - and I get
credit!
http://www.WestgateResorts.com/or/index.cfm?acct=9009895609&sales=8664429956&language=en