[Coco] OT chit chat with Karl

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jun 16 22:02:24 EDT 2008

At 08:36 PM 6/16/2008, you wrote:
>Dave ... can we have an E.G.G.S. reunion in Texas this Fall?
>
>                 -- Allen
>
>(That's the computer club where I met Dave back before I moved to East
>Texas in 1984.)

East Texan here.  Well, for 3 years anyway.  Didn't you say you lived
in the Longview area at one time?
'course you can tell a true East Texan because he wears shirts with
cut-off sleeves, has tattoos on his arms, his wife has tattoos on her
back and legs (and arms?), has a thong hanging out above her pants,
and there's a 30% chance he owns some kind of motorcycle.  The
competition with the Harley's around here is getting bigger.  One of
our bosses at UPS now shows up on a Harley.  This Saturday he rode it
inside the building to get it out of the rain.  Mint condition.  Must
be nice making the money he does, the millionaire bastard.  ;)  No
tats on him, though.. he's a clean cut man but probably going through
the midlife crisis about now and thought a Harley would knock about
10 years off his life.  hehehe.

Oh, and oil derrecks.  My Lord, if there's that much oil under these
grounds everybody should be checking their back yards, even trailer
park renters?..,. sure, run a garden hose under the ground and try to
get a barrel to help pay the rent.

So, to sum up East Texas... and yes this is a bit
exxagerated,...  drunks, drugs, Harley's, TATTOOS, heart-breaking
women everywhere, flat bed trucks with those welding units on the
back, over-sized trucks with no purpose other than to compensate,
sleeveless shirts in the summer (women too, even the hot ones), and
most of the industry is oil-based.  There's companys that sell bolts
and nuts to another company that builds parts for another company
that builds bigger parts for another company that contracts for the
local oil companies, and they're all in about the same area.  And
guess who gets to lift all that heavy crap every day.   :)  But
there's certainly lots and lots of rich people with huge unaffordable
houses, lots of lawyers, doctors, and the most car lots I've ever
seen in one area in any city.  If you can't get a new car here with 0
down, you can't get a car at all, and 4 Super Wal-Marts.

So, is the reunion in East Texas?  Should ya'll arrive on a Harley?