[Coco] Suggested RAM area for ML program to be used from BASIC?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Jun 8 01:34:13 EDT 2008

There's some space available above the end of Super Extended Basic that you
could use for the CoCo 3 version (which would also work for the CoCo 1/2 if you
copied ROM to RAM first ONLY for the earlier machines--don't do that for the
CoCo 3 or you'll knock out Super Extended Basic).  I don't have my reference
materials handy, but if your program was at $FC00 or thereabouts, that'd
probably be high enough to clear the top of Super Ext. Basic.  Perhaps someone
here could chime in with a more precise answer.  There's a character set used by
HPRINT up there somewhere, then above that is garbage you can safely overwrite.

A small correction to my earlier statement about CLEAR:  if your program is at
$7F00, you probably need to use CLEAR 200,&H7EFF--the extra byte, I believe, is
needed only for the CoCo 3.

Art