[Coco] memory upgrade & CLOADs

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 28 10:23:04 EDT 2008

Mike 0rtloff wrote:
> I purchased & installed the memory upgrade from Cloud9 a while ago and
> afterwards ( couple days ago, actually) discovered I could no longer
> access my cassette input or output. I can't really see anything related
> to the cassette I/O anywheres =near= the couple caps that get cut.
>
> (actual Tandy computer tape drive as well as the Panasonic version of it)
>
> Anyone ever hear of losing cassette I/O after a 512k upgrade?
>
> =M0=

Should not be any connection between a memory upgrade and cassette I/O.
List all hardware changes made and, if any, software changes when
installing the memory board.

Do you hear the cassette relay click? Does MOTORON cause anything to
happen? Is the cassette "cable" plugged into the cassette correctly vs
motor control and input/output?

Are there any other failures since the memory was installed? Any loose
ICs? Voltage reference points on motherboard OK?