[Coco] IP stack for NitrOS9

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Sat Jul 19 22:14:07 EDT 2008

On Jul 19, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Chuck Youse wrote:

> So I'm left with kernel solutions.  Two main approaches:
>
> 1. Implement as an SCF/SBF file manager to attempt to maintain the
> unified I/O system of OS-9;
> 2. Create kernel extensions to implement a separate set of system
> calls
> for network I/O.

Perhaps it would help if you took a look at the approach Microware
took. I have an old Microware catalog and it gives a brief
description about a Network Fille Manager (NFM) and an Internet
Support Package (ISP). I haven't looked at the latest catalogs so
maybe a look at the Radisys site would be in order. If you can't find
anything there, I can scan the old catalog pages if you like.

Dean