[Coco] Blast from the past!

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 13:23:28 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/31/2008 11:20:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

>There was never any ROM code that supported the semigraphics modes  below
PMODE levels. That was a
>hardware feature of the 6847 that was not implemented in the  GIME.

Bob

Well my comment was directed toward the coco1 and when it first came  out.
I was wondering why the semigraphics were not support in the  original
like the PMODE graphics were.    A book written by  William Barden Jr
about coco1 graphics alluded to the possibility that some  of the ROM code
was misplaced and that the VDG designers were "relieved"  that
the rest of the graphics modes were supported.   I just  thought there
might be more to the story......

Roy