[Coco] Blast from the past!

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jan 31 12:31:12 EST 2008

On 31 Jan 2008 at 8:20, theother_bob wrote:

> There was never any ROM code that supported the semigraphics modes
> below PMODE levels. That was a hardware feature of the 6847 that was
> not implemented in the GIME.
>
> Bob

That is correct probably due to size constraints on the chip and the
packaged used. Oddly that is the only chip that is socketed on the Coco 3
other than the RAM. Makes me wonder that they knew there were issues
with the first production run of the GIME chip and went with it anyway to get
a product out the door. Come back in a year and correct the issues with a
corrected chip. SImple to replace with a plug in part.

james