[Coco] cassette crossover cableRe: Stupid Cassette Port Tricks,

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Jan 29 03:28:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 09:42:34PM -0800, Mike Pepe wrote:

> Now- a cassette crossover cable is entirely possible. Due to the level
> mismatch between the in and out sides of the equation, there needs to be
> a little circuitry between the two.

Rainbow, May 1989.  "Wow!  One disk drive, two CoCos".

Pin 2 to Pin 2
Pin 4 to 680 ohm resistor to 470 uf cap to Pin 5
Pin 5 to 470 uf cap to 680 ohm res. to Pin 4

Also, jumper Pin 5 to Pin 2 through a 1000-ohm resistor on both sides.

YMMV, I've never actually built one of these.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko